5 Unknown Weight Loss Benefits of Coriander Seeds!
Coriander seeds contain particular substances or compounds that have the ability to lose weight. What? How is that possible? Well, if you’re curious check this article! You can also read the benefits of quinoa for weight loss. If you like to cook, I think you should know what the coriander plant is. Fresh leaves and dried seeds are the parts of the coriander plant that are widely used to increase the flavor of cooking. Most people, especially girls or women, want to have an ideal body. They are even willing to do things to lose weight and get the ideal body. Several types of diet can be made, from the natural diet to the unnatural diet (using a particular pill to lose weight). Sometimes, people also do extremely important things to lose weight, such as not eating anything. This is very harmful for the body’s health because the body will be the lack of nutrient intake.
Coriander or scientifically known as Coriandrum sativum, or people call it coriander or Chinese parsley. The word “coriander” refers only to the seeds (which means spice) instead of the plant. All parts of this plant are edible, including seeds. The seeds themselves have lemon citrus flavor when crushed, due to their linalool and pinene terpene content. People generally use fresh leaves and dried seeds for cooking to make spicy foods. The native of this plant belongs to regions that range from southern Europe and northern Africa to southwest Asia. It is a soft plant that can grow up to 50 cm tall.
Coriander Seed Nutritional Information:
Usually, the nutritional cilantro of any other stem or fresh leaves of the plants is rich in vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K with a moderate content of minerals in the diet. On the other hand, coriander seeds have lower vitamin content, but they have significant amounts of minerals such as dietary fiber, selenium, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese and other minerals. We have provided you with the detailed information of the coriander nutritional contents. Nutritional data of coriander seeds per serving size 100 grams in the following lists:
- 298 calories Kcal
- 18 g of fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 58 g of monounsaturated fat
- 75 g polyunsaturated fat
- 46 mg of phytosterols
- 02 g of ash
- 86 g of water
- 35 mg of sodium
- 55 g of carbohydrates
- 42 g of dietary fiber
- 37 g protein
- 13 mg of niacin
- 29 mg riboflavin
- 239 mg of thiamine
- 21 mg of vitamin C
- 709 mg of calcium (Ca)
- 975 mg of copper (Cu)
- 32 mg of iron (Fe)
- 330 mg of magnesium (Mg)
- 9 mg of manganese (Mn)
- 409 mg phosphorus (P)
- 1267 mg of potassium (K)
- 2 mcg of selenium (Se)
- 35 mg of sodium (Na)
- 7 mg zinc (Zn)
Reasons Why People Get Fat:
- The reason why people gain weight or why people gain weight is because they eat more foods that contain a lot of calories and water and fiber.
- It is also due to the additional storage fat in your body.
- People who lack foods that contain a lot of water and fiber such as fruits, vegetables, salads, etc. They have a greater chance of getting fat.
- On the other hand, people can gain weight due to excess water due to excessive intake of salt in the diet, medications or not drinking enough water, insufficient protein intake, medications or not drinking enough water or an unhealthy diet.
- Above all previous causes of weight gain, but there is a main cause of this is the failure of the lymphatic system to remove water from the interstitial space.
- This type of weight gain is called water gain or water retention.
- Why is it called fluid retention? Because water accumulates in a particular area of the body that is the body tissue that causes swelling in some parts of the body such as the areas of the legs, ankles, feet, lungs and other parts.
- Women are more likely to have a greater chance of experiencing the problem of water retention.
- It happens due to frequent changes in the level of hormones.
- Therefore, it will trigger the secretion of aldosterone that stimulates the kidneys to conserve more water.
5 Benefits of Coriander Seeds for Weight Loss You Didn’t Know:
Now, let’s learn about the benefits of coriander seeds for weight loss:
1. Rich in Minerals and Vitamins:
- One of the reasons why you gain weight is because you consume a lot of calories and less protein and fiber.
- To lose weight you need to consume foods that can increase your metabolism and burn fat.
- Coriander seeds can apparently be your traditional way of losing weight because it is rich in minerals, which is very good to help you lose weight.
2. High Potassium Content:
- One of the causes of fluid retention is sodium.
- The more sodium intake you take, the more your body will swell.
- The only mineral that can help maintain the effect of sodium (water retention) is potassium.
- Therefore, consuming coriander seeds that contain a lot of potassium when added to your food will be extremely beneficial for you to lose weight.
3. Strengthens Body Tissues:
- It is not necessary to buy any chemical vitamin supplement to lose weight, but consuming coriander seeds will provide you with an adequate intake of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B1, B5 and B6 and calcium will retain too many fluids in your body.
- Especially the high content of vitamin C will help eliminate excess water by strengthening tissues and reducing the tendency of capillaries to filter fluid into tissue spaces.
- Then, vitamin C will be extracted from the water in the tissues and taken to the intestine.
4. Improves Metabolism:
- In addition, coriander seeds will improve your digestion.
- When your digestion improves, your ability to digest food will be better, which means you have a very good metabolism.
5. Promotes Digestion:
- In addition to improving metabolism, coriander seeds can cool inflammation.
- It can relieve gas inside the stomach, swelling and any other symptoms of irritation of the digestive system.
- On the other hand, it increases the ability of your intestine to better absorb nutrients.
- Therefore, that is all the health behind the benefits of coriander seeds.
Precautions and Warnings:
Despite the benefits of coriander seeds for weight loss, coriander is probably not safe for particular conditions or ailments, such as:
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding:
- Allergies For those who are allergic to artemis, anise, caraway, celery, dill, fennel or allergic to similar plants.
- Allergies will come with some symptoms that are similar to any other food allergy.
- Because of its nature it has the ability to reduce blood sugar levels, and then it is better for those with diabetes to closely monitor blood sugar levels when you consume coriander seeds.
Low Blood Pressure:
- Consume coriander seeds with caution for those who have low blood pressure, as it can lower blood pressure that is already low.
- As indicated above, coriander can reduce blood sugar, so there is concern that coriander seeds may interfere with blood sugar control during surgery.
In addition to the fact that coriander can cause allergic reactions, it is also capable of increasing sensitivity to the sun. It means that your skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight. You may have an increased risk of skin irritation, inflammation, dark skin, sunburn and the worst is skin cancer. Some ailments are also caused by the consumption of coriander seeds, such as severe diarrhea, stomach pain, depression, expiration of menstruation and dehydration in women.